Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC) is a multi-faceted service that encompasses all aspects of an energy construction project, including the following:
Many of our clients have utilized ESPC to replace aging, inefficient, or high-maintenance equipment with new, state-of-the-art, energy-efficient equipment requiring little or no capital outlay through this specialized approach to financing.
An ESPC project can improve occupant comfort by facilitating healthy and sustainable indoor environments without negatively impacting budgets, so our clients can continue to focus on their core missions—whether that is in government, education, or healthcare.
With a Con Edison Solutions ESPC, you can redirect a portion of your current utility and operational budgets into needed energy infrastructure improvements, significantly reducing or eliminating the need to appropriate capital dollars.
Other benefits include local economic development, "green job" creation, and demonstration of environmental stewardship within your community.
5 Easy Steps to ESPCs with Con Edison Solutions
- Initial Energy Inspection/Preliminary Energy Audit We'll identify upgrade opportunities and areas for energy performance improvement. Preliminary savings and installation costs will be estimated in order to evaluate the potential energy and environmental improvements.
- Investment Grade Audit (IGA) A point-by-point, customized plan detailing specific energy initiatives, along with savings and implementation costs, will be provided for each proposed action. In addition, we will identify and include any available federal, state, or utility energy grants or rebates. We work with each client to select the subset of all available opportunities to match the client’s specific goals and objectives.
- Project Implementation We'll develop a project schedule, including integrated engineering and design, and then manage on-site construction and perform system-wide testing to ensure specifications have been met.
- On-going Measurement & Monitoring (M&V) As we monitor energy savings, we'll coordinate operations and engineering services to verify energy performance, and we will help you maintain the installation.
- Savings Reconciliation & Guarantee We will deliver annual validation reports detailing cumulative energy and cost savings of the installed improvements.
Make Guaranteed Savings Part of Your Energy Future.
Learn more about the services we provide in the markets below:
State and Local Government
Hospitals and Healthcare
Commercial & Industrial
View our case studies to learn more about how others have used our energy services programs to meet their energy reduction and facility improvement goals.